Sunny days & Starry nights ... Monday, November 03, 2014
I can see clearly now the clouds are gone
Sometimes, we get so caught up in the run of things, nodding our heads too quickly, picking up things too quickly, zooming to and fro too hurriedly, listening to respond instead of understanding too hastily...that... the voice inside gets so muffled that it becomes ignored unknowingly. You reckon?
That has been happening to me and on hindsight, it occurred to me how frivolous I have been. Need some quiet to reflect.
The thing about making a name in a group. Probably labelled as status and impression - would that be correct? I have recently been on a cycling trip, and some things baffle me. Maybe pride and ego would come in the same bundle. People zoom fast, afraid to stop, afraid to take a rest, afraid to admit that things are difficult...or maybe...people LIKE pushing the limits, and find meaning in that? That is the inherent similarity found in the profile of the people who come together in this context, following the idiom that 'birds of the feather flock together' yes no?
Now that is an interesting thought...It seems that many went alone, and there perhaps only are 2 couples in the entire group of 48. Mostly singles, or married, but definitely, the majority falls in the age group of above 35. How is the mindset of a human being single and above 35? and how different is that compared to that of someone 25? And how does the mentality and priorities of a married person above 35 compare to that of someone unmarried at that age? Things are definitely different, as for one, the presence and absence of children say a whole lot about priorities and responsibilities. How differently will one see things after getting married and given life to another?
I question, for I want too, to know, where I stand admidst these people. What makes us different and similar. How else can I make up for who I am, and move thereafter. Who do I want to become?
Again, at 24, there are a lot of dilemmas I face. I can't quite grapple with how young I am allowed to be, and how matured I should act. I am afraid that I am not behaving the way a 24 year old should be, and yet, still relinquish the responsibility-free, heck-care style of a teenager. But I admit that I revel in acting more childish then I am, perhaps to gain more rooms for making error. Speaking of which, self-reprimand has been raining hard on me wrt the issue of time. Late for marking, late for school, late for coach, late for ferry.... I go..what's wrong with me! Why can't I just get things right? I know I should be chided... but pls be a little kinder? I tell myself that is part and parcel of growing up, and I want to embrace them.
and before I end off, in a friendship, perhaps there is no balance. To who is giving more, and who is receiving more and less.
that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
& Lazy afternoons ...
5:08 AM :D
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.