Sunny days & Starry nights ... Saturday, March 08, 2014
yes. my mind has left this in dirt. I have once thought of becoming a trauma counselling psychologist to rescue fugitives of disasters in affected parts of the world. The sight of distress as a result of the missing mal airplane has timely hooked up that memory. and this has brought me to a bigger question to ponder: what do I want to use my life for?
Not working
In the vein of this belief, I have been half-serious about my work. it is easy to leave it aside, and deliver just what is enough. should i be giving more? My ans to that has been no, as work is work, and there is life outside.
However, a complexity has just surfaced itself to me, after the rejection of a certain course's application.
some people have power over my wants and wishes. that realisation sucks.
that power is authority, which has its reins on me as i am a worker. And it just occurred to me, that if i were to up my worth in this arena, perhaps i will have more bargaining chips to negotiate for my freedom.
But wait a minute, ain't that giving up a part of freedom at some point of time (i.e. working later, doing things just because of the need to be recognised) in exchange for another kind of freedom (i.e. approval of proposed leaves/courses) ? Will that be contradicting?
I don't have an answer. but, right now, it sucks knowing that I can't go for certain courses just because of an authoritative decree. And, the decision to fulfill a wish of mine doesn't lie in my hand.
& Lazy afternoons ...
2:08 AM :D
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.