Sunny days & Starry nights ... Saturday, April 24, 2010
on hindsight, life does get a little more complicating as you grow older.
for one, the number of issues you have to grapple with sure increases.
and for another, you finally learn that there are some things which you have no answer to.
and maybe, the worse is knowing that you take full responsibility for your life now.
there's no more listening to your teachers or parents and resting on the fact that you can blame them when things take on an unfortunate turn.
there's no more comforting yourself with gullible thoughts about how this perfect perfect world will work for you.
perhaps recently, i'm finally awoken by the wake-up call ; " WYNNE!IT'S TIME TO GROW UP!"
.
things in my life have not been going all too well. and i'm beginning to learn the meaning of the phrase ' the harsh realities in life' and how what doesn't kill you really make you stronger. It alarms me a little to see how much of a sheltered environment i have spent my life thus far in. At least, it is enough for me to believe in fairytale-like happenings and endings; that people will extend a helping hand readily to someone who needs it , that all things will eventually be solved in a happily ever after manner, that one's destiny lies in one's hand and if only you give it your all, you can be whatever you want to be.
.
how bubble wrapped those ideas are. I should stop going to disneyland, haha.
.
after having gone through nearly a year in uni, i've learnt one lesson, and probably the most important one in life. My identity doesn't lie with my mother, neither does it lie with my father, my sister, my friends. I am who i am; an individual on my own. And because of that, I am the one who choose where i should walk and how i should walk in my life. It's my life , not anyone else's.
.
Not too long ago last week, my mother said some things which thoroughly aggravated me and pricked me. They were so hurtful, no doubt with an amount of truth. As I read more and appreciate a greater deal of the lifespan development text, I am led on to a reflective path on who I was ( who i was brought up to be) and who I really am , and maybe, who I want to be.
There are strong findings that many aspects of who we are today are (determined) by how we grew up as a child in the theory of goodness of fit parenting. And the temperament of a child might very well correlate with the temperament of the adult the child will grow up to be. With that, I begin searching for my answers ...
.
to be continued
& Lazy afternoons ...
1:37 AM :D
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.