Sunny days & Starry nights ... Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Bear Cone
.
So much for Nian Chu Er... This year, i can hardly feel the heat of excitement radiating from myself. When i was younger, i used to love cny for its delicious goodies and house visits; i love people thronging to my house even more. I enjoy having guests over and playing host; it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. But sad to say, all these seem to be missing this year. No , not that i don't go visiting and feasting anymore, it's just the mood. I just can't seem to get into the festive mood of visiting like i used to do. .
I'm just thinking... perhaps this is how it feels to grow out of things. The excitement of cny has eluded me because of what i've lost within me -to reality&age. I'm beginning to find it harder to indulge in childish games and engage myself in sheer hard fun without thinking a step further. Boohoooo...! What's more, i'm turning nineteen in a matter of weeks. Old. Old . Old. So old! It never occurred to me how much it'll suck to grow old, and now i'm gettin a good taste of it. I've always been waiting and wanting to grow older, to grow out of my lousy teenhood. But here i am, complaining and lamenting at the fact i'm growing old too fast >.<
Self contradictory? Yes. Ambivalent? Bingo.
.
Anyway. 19 isn't very hard to swallow, since i'm still the youngest in my workplace.* Screams YAY! * But, i still very much want to stay 18. It feels good to say "I'm only 18!" whahaha... But, like i said, 19 ain't that bad either. So, i should just live in my present youth and do whatever being 19 entitles me to, before everything speeds up into a blur and 20 knocks on my door. Yupppyyupyup. Just for the time being, i still have a good 2 weeks of age 18 to enjoy! That's like 16 days - the 16 days i'm going to cherish and make history out of. GO GO GO! 18 yr old!
& Lazy afternoons ...
11:12 AM :D
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.